Register

Welcome to the SEOSunite - Elite Internet Marketing & SEO Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Conversion Course

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: September 2012 - The Death of EMDs :(

Ace
    Thanks
    No GA, No GWT on any of my sites!

aky
    Thanks
    seems like my sites are still doing ok. i have up to 3 dashes in 1 domain and it hasn't moved. No GA or GWT

Thanks
    As if this was even possible, googles search is even more fucked up than it was before.

1) fuck up search for profit
    2) watch stock price
    3) keep an eye on marketshare
    4) repeat

Strip it and dip it!

#mattcutts #google #bingiton
    cma01 likes this.

Thanks
    FWIW

I took the Bing It On challenge and bing won 5 out of 5

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure this has got nothing to do with EMD's but more to do with anchor texts. I've had some sites dropped but the majority are fine. When Cunts talks about low quality EMD's they cannot determine content quality so it must be backlink quality. I'm thinking sites are dropping where too many backlinks are matching the domain and the keywords they are targeting. For example I have a .com with my name on, only every linked to it with my name and it's gone from 1st page to nowhere.
    Last edited by eightleggeddj; 10-01-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Jim
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    lets take one of my car sites for example - it has the model in the url but nothing else, my competitor has the make and model in his and we're both going after the forum rank. So my site is keywordblahblah.com/forum whereas his is keywordkeywordforum.com

He still ranks #1 and I'm at #4 - in my mind he's a big time EMD but held his rank.

Thanks
    Jonathen Leger, Mike Filsaime, Matt Cutts are still ranking #1 with their EMD

For "Larry Page" wikipedia and Forbes are ranking number 1 & 2 respectively. Google demoted Larry Page's fake social interaction G plus profile page to #3

Thanks
    And if you chuck their names into Majestic then the common factor is that the majority of backlinks are for anything other than their names....

Ace
    Thanks
    I don't think it is links! One of my sites that tanked was 2 weeks old and it had 4 links all with varying anchors and these links were quality! I am leaning toward domain age being a big factor with this update. All domains that were hit were below one year old except for one which is slightly over a year old.

Most of my sites dropped way beyond the 150 mark except for one and that particular domain has another aged domain pointing to it!

Thanks
    No idea what it is may just be random picks by the sadistic Biatch Mz.Google

1)a new EMD 8 pages in .net is 2nd com is 1st and 3 years old (I directblast site )
    2) EMD's with no daashes ( hanging in top 5 serps even a few pages ranking same keyword)
    3 ) Hyphend EMD 1 page with copied material on page 1 ( direct blastings only )
    4) EMD .com on position 1 for 3+ years spun content maybe 15 pages ( it pr4 and only direct blasts to it )

Google must be blind or when we dance I guess I tickle her fancy
    Last edited by Smoke; 10-01-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: saved to fast lol
    Ace likes this.
    Space for Rent | Space for Lease | Space for Trade |Space for Something

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast