Register

Welcome to the SEOSunite - Elite Internet Marketing & SEO Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Conversion Course

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cma01

Thread: Twitter’s New SEO Play: A Profile Directory Of All User Accounts

Thanks

Twitter’s New SEO Play: A Profile Directory Of All User Accounts

Considering how heavily Google has been weighting its own properties in the SERPs lately, I think this is an interesting move by Twitter. What I think will be really interesting is how other search engines, particularly Bing, take advantage of this.

From Search Engine Land, Twitter’s New SEO Play: A Profile Directory Of All User Accounts

With the new directory, Twitter is finishing that process by making its user profiles more discoverable by Google, Bing and other search engines. When asked why Twitter launched the user directory, a company spokesperson said it’s “to help people find the accounts they’re looking for with various search engines.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cma01 For This Useful Post:

GODOVERYOU (10-08-2012),Smoke (10-10-2012)

Administrator
    Thanks
    That's extremely interesting from the standpoint of inner-play between them and Google over the years. As you've already said, the question becomes how Bing will treat and deal with this as well. If Microsoft can cut a deal with Twitter & improve their use of Facebook, they could have cut a real social cornerstone for themselves against Google given that Google+ has been such a flop.

The real trick for Bing is getting more 'Bing Face Time' on Facebook to increase their exposure there. Then on the results side, if they feature prominent social 'movers and shackers' in their search results (and assuming the social correlation was accurate of course) ... what a blow to Google.

I'm very curious to see where this goes and I obviously hope it goes pro Bing. I'll be very let down if it went pro Google.
    Current Tools Of The Trade
    Fightback Network - Private Blog Network With High PR Blogs
    Rankwyz - Builds Authority Web 2.0 Blogs <~~ Now With Free Blog Creation!
    Content Foundry
    - Content Scrape & Article Generator (better than Kontent Machine)

Thanks
    Hmm, yeah. Google seems immortal but bing+social, or should I say bing+SOCIAL... could go far.