Register

Welcome to the SEOSunite - Elite Internet Marketing & SEO Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Conversion Course

Thanks

Website Legal Pages

Just wondering what everyone is doing for this. My amazon sites have a Privacy policy and Disclaimer, is this good enough?

Some sites have Terms of Use, DMCA and other stuff, is this essential or am I OK with just the ones listed above.

TIP - In the current Amazon operating agreement you have to list the following disclaimer on your site

www.mysite.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

I personally know a successful affiliate who had their amazon account shut for not putting this text on the site, even after he complied and asked for reconsideration they just ignored him. Some months he pulled over $10k with amazon, you would think they would care!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Just wondering what everyone is doing for this. My amazon sites have a Privacy policy and Disclaimer, is this good enough?

Some sites have Terms of Use, DMCA and other stuff, is this essential or am I OK with just the ones listed above.

TIP - In the current Amazon operating agreement you have to list the following disclaimer on your site

www.mysite.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

I personally know a successful affiliate who had their amazon account shut for not putting this text on the site, even after he complied and asked for reconsideration they just ignored him. Some months he pulled over $10k with amazon, you would think they would care!
    I am a member in Internet Marketing Law Center - Membership and I use those forms.

LOL, so what if you find your competitor's Amazon affiliate site. You take his Amazon affiliate ID, and create a new Amazon affiliate site using HIS Amazon affiliate ID, but you violate the Amazon Associates Operating Agreement? If you generate some affiliate commission using his Amazon affiliate tag, then Amazon will find the "fake" Amazon affiliate site via the referrer, and they will see that your competitor violates the TOS.

They must be really dumb if they ban super affiliates just because of a stupid missing string.

I am also an Amazon affiliate, this story is scary.

If I were Amazon's competitor, I would do this:
    -create a better affiliate program than Amazon Associates
    -find all the Amazon affiliates with Scrapebox scraping for that mandatory Amazon Associates disclaimer
    -contact all webmaster saying something like "hey, I noticed you promote Amazon. We have a better program with longer cookie duration and higher commission rate, promote us instead!"
    Last edited by mex-deluxe; 10-07-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks

Wink

This guy was the one who got me started in IM. He has now bought into an offline business and is doing well.

He seemed to think his amazon experience was somewhat similar to how google handles these things, they ban your account and you just cannot talk to someone to sort it out. He told me that no matter what he sent through it was always the same generic answers and mails. Even phoning would get a " I will get someone to call you answer". Eventually he sold all the sites and moved on.

For many of us it would be a disaster, which is why I wanted to mention the disclaimer.

But, you are quite right, you could screw someone easily like this. Suppose it is no different to clicking on their adsense ads all night!
    Last edited by Velocity; 10-07-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks

Can you post a link to this? I just spent some time reading through everything and I can't find this mentioned anywhere.

Thanks
    Coop99,

Here you go.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...tes/agreement/

10. Identifying Yourself as an Associate

Check out the last sentence in this section.

Thanks
    Coop99,

Here you go.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...tes/agreement/

10. Identifying Yourself as an Associate

Check out the last sentence in this section.
    Thank you! I obviously need to concentrate harder when I read.