Register

Welcome to the SEOSunite - Elite Internet Marketing & SEO Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Conversion Course

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GODOVERYOU

Thread: Improving your 'Content Marketing'

Administrator
    Thanks

Improving your 'Content Marketing'

For those that may be firmly planted in the idea of content marketing, these tips may be extremely helpful in producing better results in the same amount of time.

From: http://www.business2community.com/co...keting-0334347

Thing people may not like about your content marketing....

1. Your Titles Are Deceptive

There’s nothing that drives me away from your website faster than a deceptive title. If you’ve written a piece called “6 Social Media Statistics” and proceed to chatter about how to use hashtags on twitter, there’s a strong chance your readers will go running for the hills. The key to building trust in marketing is honesty, which means your content needs to be good enough to inspire a great title.
    2. Your Language is Clichéd

I know content managers aren’t the only ones who are getting really tired of certain words. Killer, guru, ninja and pirate top my list. Your titles need to be intriguing and head-turning in order to gain clicks or shares, but you’ve got to introduce some variety. It’s challenging for high-velocity marketing writers to use original language. Ask your coworkers for insight on whether you’ve been overusing any language. I did, and as a result we hardly ever use the word “epic” any more at Inbound Marketing Agents.
    If you’re not convinced, let’s talk about the word “guru.” Merriam Webster defines the term as “one who is an acknowledged leader or Chief proponent.” But suddenly, everyone is a guru. Check it out, there’s actually over 35 million Google results for the long tail key phrase “social media guru.” Thanks to the miracle of self-published content, everyone can be an acknowledged leader:

The point is clear: don’t overuse language, particularly when it’s too extreme to believe, or overly popular to begin with.
    3. It’s All About You

I really don’t mind business blog content about your company, as long as it’s relevant to my questions. I’m not alone in this regard. “If it doesn’t benefit us, entertain us, educate us, solve our problems or advance our causes, we don’t want it,” is how Marketer Eric Wittlake describes the phenomenon of the consumer versus the content marketing.

4. It’s Not Authoritative

Enough information is consumed online each day to fill 168 million DVDs. Your prospects don’t have time for content that’s not overtly authoritative. To make things more complex, there’s no uniform definition of authority. It depends on what resonates with your buyer personas. Not everyone will react well to an in-depth, 5,000 word case study but certain personas will accept nothing less. Take a cue to avoid the tactics of the “bad” and “ugly” cowboys in the video, and make a point to use the following tactics to increase authority:
    Now, not everyone will like the idea of content marketing and I'm not pushing that as a core concept, but for some it is how they build their business. For those people, maybe these are things to think about the next time they start publishing that content for their audiences.
    team74 and warriordiva like this.
    Current Tools Of The Trade
    Fightback Network - Private Blog Network With High PR Blogs
    Rankwyz - Builds Authority Web 2.0 Blogs <~~ Now With Free Blog Creation!
    Content Foundry
    - Content Scrape & Article Generator (better than Kontent Machine)

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing this ideas to help improve my marketing. I know this would make a big help in performing my tasks in this job and with a good guidance of this tips will make it better.

Thanks
    Great....Really very effective tips but above everything the quality of content will depend on the quality of writer.
    You can have a signature if it's something that relates to what this forum is about.

Thanks
    The 3rd point mentioned in the article is important one. The content should be focused on user and solving their problems instead of focusing on yourself. This is likely to lead to better conversions.

Thanks
    That's good information about content marketing strategy. I really like your suggestion given on the page.

Thanks
    Thank you for sharing this tips. Seems really a great strategy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poonamsingh01 View Post
    The great thing about analyzing your content like this is that you can also study your competitors in exactly the same way. Admittedly, this may take a little more manual effort, as you won’t be able to export their proprietary data; but going through their content to dissect the readily apparent components of their strategies can provide some really valuable insights.
    Copied content directly from here- How to Use Data to Improve Your Content Marketing Strategy - what are you up to my friend?
    Last edited by nichemonk; 04-03-2014 at 04:58 AM.